Zara Golden Decade EDP Chapter 1


Let's talk about another Zara purchase of mine, actually this was my first purchase from the Chapters line. Zara Golden Decade immediately screamed "evening orangey sophistication" to my nose and brain. And there I was considering if I should go for the larger or smaller bottle. I think 30ml bottle was a great decision.

Zara Golden Decade was introduced in 2021. Zara website mentions orange blossom, jasmine, lavender and tangerine as the main notes, and describes this potion as an elegant Eau de parfum for the woman who wants to express her freedom and emotions with all the power she possesses. It's also described as modern white floral scent with mandarin and lavender. Fragrantica website in addition to the above mentioned notes states vanilla as the base.

To me Zara Golden Decade is a beautiful scent quite similar to YSL Libre Intense. I sprayed Libre on my wrist about 2 hours before I tested the Golden Decade and to me they were pretty identical. Because it was hot and dry, they both evaporated pretty quickly, yet Golden Decade's dry down was more powdery. I can swear I knew that dry down from my childhood until I remembered my Barbie's hair smelling somehow similar - powdery-plastic-y Mattel scent. Again, silage and longevity are much poorer than YSL obviously. But for the price Zara offers these bottles, it is not crucial. They are marketed both in 30ml and 80ml sizes, available in store and online. 

Nonetheless, the opening of Golden Decade is a very bright, grown up orange, the one that enters the room very elegantly in the golden hour of the day - not too sweet, not too childish, not too over-sweetened. Immediately you can also hear the while florals making a quick whoosh. Then they get tamed by something very feminine, maybe vanilla, and at the same time lavender note adds something medicinal, which keeps the whole potion together. If I had to draw this perfume, it would be a well-educated upper class lady, wearing crispy clean white shirt, she is daring, confident and well-spoken, knows what she wants and attracts good vibes.

I would consider using this more in a cooler weather, it has an evening feel to it, so it suits evening dates with someone special or friends and family. I think it deserves to be on my shelf and I will gladly shower myself in it. If you are looking for a cheaper version of YSL Libre, give this potion a try, I would definitely recommend to test first. It is not a good blind buy. People either will understand this fragrance, or will totally hate it. 

There is one more purchase from Zara to be talked about, and that would be next in the line. Until later! 
 

Comments

Popular Posts