Flowerbomb EDP by Viktor&Rolf (2005)




 This post is an ode to a gem when I was in my 20s! Before La Vie Est Belle became a thing, Flowerbomb was rocking the young girls' days and nights in the noughties! I personally would always and forever choose Flowerbomb over original La Vie Est Belle, even though they have similar dry downs, the openings and evolutions are totally incomparable.

I purchased this mini bottle this summer just because it was stinking cute and I was feeling nostalgic. Viktor&Rolf was super famous in the UK in 2000-2010s and almost all the young girls and ladies would eventually give in to the urge to have this florally "sugarful" sweet powdery potion in their possessions. I was not an exception either. Also, I came to a realization that for some reason the brand is not so popular where I live now, and getting perfumes from this particular brand is a pain, and so it is much easier to get them from Europe whilst traveling.

Anyway, Flowerbomb by Viktor&Rolf was launched in 2005 and the noses behind the scent were Carlos Benaim (Pure Poison Dior, My Way Armani), Dominique Ropion (Privee CH, Euphoria CK, Amor Amor Cacharel), Domitille Michalon Bertier (Perfect Marc Jacobs, Me Lanvin) and Olivier Polge (Florabotanica Balenciaga, Chance Eau Tendre, Chance Eau Vive, Coco Mademoiselle, Gabrielle Chanel). 

Top notes for the perfume are: tea, bergamot and osmanthus.
Middle notes are: Cattleye orchid, Sambac jasmine, Centifolia rose, freesia and African orange flower.
Base notes are: patchouli, musk and vanilla. 

Flowerbomb is described as an oriental scent, however to my taste orientals are a bit different. Flowerbomb opens with a splash of tea with its herbal, almost medicinal quality mixed with bergamot - very fresh and zesty, leaning towards bitter. The development goes quickly to the floral side with jasmine and rose mix, then eases up with calmer orchid, yet the powdery note from tea still lingers all along. The dry down gets milkier with musk, yet patchouli makes it deeper, however it is not too strong, not too airy, and there is vanilla and rose presence making things sweeter yet in balance. I love the effect of this perfume. It is playful, but also mature, it is floral but not old lady floral at all, I believe what I love here is the completion of the aura that all the notes create together. The aura stays with you, projects well enough, catches attention and gets compliments.

Also, the petite bottle caught my attention because it is so comfy to carry in the bag throughout the day, just in case you would want to freshen up. In my case, I would not need to reapply, just one spray in the morning, either on the skin or the clothes and it stays with me till the evening. Considering my dislike for powdery scents, I believe Flowerbomb and Premier Jour by Nina Ricci are my most loved ones. 
Anyway, it took me a while to get to this little cuttie, but I am happy she was in line for not too long. Who else was a victim to this sweetie back in the day?

Comments

Popular Posts