DKNY Creamy Meringue and My Love for Gourmand Scents

Heyya all again!

As the weather is getting nasty these days it is time for us to fool our minds and bodies by wearing "warmer" scents and creating an illusion that it is warm enough not to freeze. At least that is what I do :).


I have discovered for myself some time ago that during time my nose has developed to like gourmand scents. Now, I know not many people like smelling of food, freshly baked pies or custard cakes, but lets admit it there is nothing more delicious than vanilla and cinnamon coffee, black  lemon tea or hot creamy chocolate on a cold day.


I saw DKNY Sweet Delicious Limited Collection trio (Creamy Meringue, Pink Macaron and Tart Key Lime) in 2012 spring time on the shelves in Debenhams. Turning my head and tossing my hair in slow motion I found myself staring at this deliciousness in its full glory. Yes, I instantly fell in love with Creamy Meringue.

    
I am using my second bottle at the moment since the first one went really quickly. Urghh, that apple shaped matte bottle.... *feeling dreamy. And because  it was a limited edition I did not have much luck in finding it in the shops, even online, until some time later I came across another 50ml on ebay and bid on it and got it in a week's time. Oh the joy of the moment! :)

   The opening of this beautiful fragrance is lemony, creamy and sweet at the same time. I always think of a lemon cake that I am about to take out of the fridge. This is how my senses react to the fragrance. I imagine whisking some cream, adding vanilla and lemon, then taking the freshly baked lemon sponge and covering all that gorgeousness with the cream. It is quite refreshing at the opening because of lemon, bergamot and custard being the top notes, but this lovely momentarily turns into a sweet creamy scent (in a more milky-creamy meaning). Passion fruit, freesia and frangipani (flower growing in tropical areas) are the heart of Creamy Meringue. I am pretty sure there is a hint of vanilla here, it is what really comes to swipe my feet off the ground. Virginia cedar, white musk and amber as base notes make sure the scent lingers on me for a long while.

There are different reactions to this fragrance - some saying it does not last longer than 2 or 3 hours. The chemistry of our skins are different. I am the lucky one because I can wear this and be really confident that I smell oh-so good and that it really is what I know it is for pretty long hours.

 Out of those three this one is my favourite. It makes me think of a warm kitchen on a cold day, walls painted all in pastels, kitchenware and furniture all vintage and matching the walls and a beautiful polka dot apron hanging from the door waiting for the owner to put it on and start baking a delicious cake.

   Interesting how gourmand scents play with my senses these days, whereas before I would have never picked a fragrance like this. To tell the truth I am a bit worried I might not maintain this inner warmth I feel about DKNY Sweet Deliciousness in future but at the moment I am really enjoying this feeling to the full!

I hope you all can find a scent you love the most and stick to it for a while because it is that while that really counts. xx

Comments

Popular Posts