Forever and Ever Dior

Heyya all!

I was thinking recently that it has been a long time since I joined the Fragrantica website and was posting reviews of perfumes ever since but for a reason I never reviewed my most favourite one.

Ah well, I guess the moment has eventually matured for Forever and Ever Dior.

Yes, this is my second bottle and it is still full, thanks God! Don't you just love that vintage bottle with the pink bubbly inside? Trust me, on the first spray it is very pink and bubbly. This reminds me of spring and summer. If you have read my previous post you probably remembered my first meeting with this beaute. I traveled back home for my summer holidays and was heading back to London via Austria. Because I had some 6 hours to spend in the airport and was a bit bored after a good 3 hours of reading, I found myself in a duty free shop and guess what? I saw lots and lots of chocolates! Ehm, right. After grabbing chocolates I had an idea of taking some box of mini collection of Dior perfumes and some other stuff I fancied. It was only when I was back, unpacked and properly settled that I decided to test the only Dior bottle I had never noticed on the counters.


It took me back to my childhood, and I sank into nostalgia at once. I pictured 5-6 years old myself on a spring day at home with a vase of white flowers on the table and myself wearing a pink dress with white and fuchsia small roses on it. I am not sure what exactly was smelling of this perfume on that day but the memory was too strong to ignore.

Now this lovely perfume has the top notes of freesia, a heart of jasmine and Bulgarian rose as a base. I just love how tender it smells. It is everything pure in this world. I feel like a candle scented of fresh, white flowers, not sweet at all, not too strong, but gentle enough to be smelled and wondered where it comes from and where it goes. This smell is my comfort zone where I am just myself, no playing around, no experiments, just pure me.

What I really want to point out with this post is that smells are always linked to our inner senses. And that those senses can be evoked by smells. It has the same effect as the music on people.

Forever and Ever Dior is my place of warm and cozy memories I enjoy wrapping myself in.
P.S.
Did you know that the first Dior perfume Miss Dior was launched in 1947 and was named after Christian Dior's sister Catherine?

Comments

Popular Posts