A Light Touch of Sensuality - Eau de Lacoste

Hello everyone!

It was Sunday, well, it still is - it's just that I consider it over now that I am comfortably seated and ready to share my thoughts here right before heading to bed. And as usual (for me at least) Sunday morning is time for the chores, for cleaning up the mess we normally make during the week and then lounging and relaxing in front of the TV or with a laptop or even doing nothing but revisiting my thoughts. Anyway, cutting short - I found this 30ml bottle on my shelf right behind others during the chores and thought it is worth indulging myself into sensations this perfume can evoke once again.


  I did not like the only bottle I purchased from Lacoste perfumes - it was the Touch of the Pink which was giving me headaches and nausea unfortunately and I had to give it away. Honestly since then it did not occur to me to test another one from that brand. However, earlier this year I came across this relatively cheap 30ml bottle and at that point it smelled kind of interesting to my nose. So here it is - a very joyful bottle with a pretty playful contents. I have to say this time I was more attracted to the design rather than the actual fragrance. The design was inspired by the shape of a tennis ball. The crocodile emblem on the bottle makes me sing that Ich bin Schnappi, das kleine Krokodil song with a very funny voice in my head every time I see it, haha.


The perfume was launched in early 2013. The pyramid of Eau de Lacoste consists of pineapple, mandarin and bergamot as the top notes, jasmine, orange blossom and pineapple leaf in the middle and vanilla, sandalwood, peru balsam and vetiver at the bottom. This perfume is a clean, fruity vanilla plus white floral scent, yet the commercial materials say it smells of a white fresh cotton t-shirt. The silage and longevity are good for me, actually I wish it evaporated faster, can't say I normally would want to smell of pineapple sprinkled with jasmine all the time.
 The first time I tested Eau de Lacoste I felt nostalgic. It took me back to late autumn at uni when I first smelled something similar. If I am not mistaken my classmate was using Boss Woman by Hugo Boss at that time and I can relate Eau de Lacoste to Boss Woman in a way. I remember I loved it on her, but when I tried it on me I was not a great fan of Boss for a long time after :).

Still, this is a very light, playful scent, not offensive but at the meantime there is nothing special about it. I would probably have it wearing daytime, while playing tennis, or wearing a white t-shirt with a light pair of jeans going out to walk a dog or to visit the local market.

I am classifying this perfume as one of the bottles I like but not in a constant urge to wear. Maybe only when I feel like I want a change from my favourites or when I want to be someone else.


I am also pretty sure there are lots of people who would love it and it is only fair. The reviews are a subjective topic and so are the scents. There are perfumes that make me go further exploring what lies underneath and there are ones that make me understand what I am not and go and get something else. Nevertheless, Eau de Lacoste has been there for me when the escape from subjective was needed.

Hope you can give it a chance to sniff it and then decide if Eau de Lacoste, which is meant to bring you a 'light touch of sensuality', suits your personality or not. And please let me know if you do so!
xx


Comments

Popular Posts