Dancing Lady from Oriflame

Hello everyone!

This cold and snowy evening I am going to talk about a perfume that smells of chocolate, orchids, musk and vanilla. Mmmm... the gourmet-lovers thought probably. However, the presence of chocolate is not too overwhelming, actually it is very subtle and hardly sweet, just a hint that leaves me wondering where it is coming from. Ladies and Gentlemen, please welcome Dancing Lady by Oriflame!


This cute bottle that reminds me of an orchid flower by its shape is also very much like the clean and musky scent. Dancing Lady was launched in 2008 by the Swedish cosmetics company called Oriflame. What I liked about this scent at the point of testing was the smell of chocolate on the paper tester that was very warm to my nose. However on getting the bottle the first spray reminded me of fresh garden air on an early spring day sprinkled with bitter chocolate. The whole scent is rather bitter clean than sweet fresh.

 So here is the pyramid of the notes:
Top: mandarin, peach, chocolate, peach and litchi.
Mid: ylang-ylang, orchid and peony.
Base: musk, vanilla and cedar.

I personally cannot smell any litchi or peach or cedar. Litchi and peach would normally add sweetness to the scent and cedar will give it a bit heavy depth. There is nothing sweet about this perfume, it is rather creamy. That's it, it just reminds me of a soapy-creamy fragrance, almost like a shampoo :).
There is the heady orchid with citrusy mandarin and bitter chocolate. 

However, I find it is a universal perfume season-wise. It adapts to heat and cold equally interestingly. When it is hot and I wear it, I can feel the fresh breeze from citrus, peonies and the bitterness of chocolate, and when the weather is cold it creates a mildly warm sensation due to creamy musk and vanilla. I also like both the silage and longevity. It stays on my skin for 5-6 hours and on the clothes for a day. This perfume you have to either love or hate. There were very random reviews on the Dancing Lady and no wonder to some noses it smells like a cheap shampoo, to others a subtle creamy potion. I am inclined more to loving rather than hating this juice in a cute bottle.

I like the pearly misty white transition into clear crystal. The design of the bottle represents the dance of a flower and there are three spheres of glass turning inside each other like the blossom of a flower. Gerresheimer designers have been working on the bottle and I think they have done their work pretty well. Dancing Lady by Oriflame comes as EDT and in 50ml bottles. I have used only 5th part of my bottle because I'm more into sweet scents at the moment but whenever tired of those I switch to scents that are more of an experiment to my nose and skin and Dancing Lady can as well be one of those out of ordinary experiments. Hope you give it a sniff and make a decision - Love it! OR Hate it! Just pick one!
xxx



Comments

  1. I want to buy this. Please let me know from where can i get this perfume

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You would normally contact an Oriflame agent or maybe search on EBay, as far as I know this perfume has been discontinued by the manufacturer unfortunately.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts