La Petite Robe Noire EDT, Guerlain

Hello everyone!

It's been a couple of days I was thinking of cherries and was longing for some cherry flavoured scented candles and instead I remembered there is a bottle of Guerlain La Petite Robe Noire EDT somewhere on my shelf. For that I blame my course mates I met on Friday night and their choice of drinks, in particular the Cherry Cider!


I know I should probably be thinking more Christmas and less summer, but cherries on my mind I decided to write about this lovely bottle. If you have seen any of Guerlain's perfume bottles this one too looks vintage and is adorable!



This fruity scent is a simplified version of its original 2012 La Petite Robe Noir EDP (this one itself is a new interpretation of its 2009 exclusive and limited edition). The nose behind the original perfume is Thierry Wasser who at the age of 47 was appointed in-house perfumer at Guerlain succeeding Jean Paul Guerlain. It is worth mentioning he is an author to many perfumes such as Truth for Calvin Klein, Addict for Christian Dior, Hypnose for Lancome, Idylle for Guerlain to name a few.

Thierry Wasser being excited on his appointment says, "It is a very prestigious position but I still work with Jean Paul Guerlain - he is the gate keeper at Guerlain. Monsieur Guerlain is a very romantic person; he created fragrances with his heart and the story was then built around it, which is the opposite way to how marketing works today. Ideally I want to continue this".


I remember testing the Eau de Perfum - it was way too strong for my nose and it had heavier notes that linger on the skin for more than a day. I prefer Eau de Toilette more, where the heaviness is gone and I can smell mainly the cherries and patchouli. La Petite Robe Noir EDT was launched in October of 2012. Pyramid of this scent consists of jasmine, rose and green notes on top, sour cherry, orange blossom and apple in the heart and patchouli, white amber and white musk as the base notes. Honestly, if I had to describe this perfume it would be sour cherries in a patchouli juice. The original had licorice and almonds which were highly distinctive and extremely toxic to my poor nose. I enjoyed almonds but the licorice was painful even for my brain. I think with the original I needed to be very careful and use only a half spray and start breathing only an hour after I have sprayed it. But the advantage was that the dry down of the EDP was more sophisticated, much warmer and deeper. The EDT on the contrary stays on the surface, is less toxic and more playful and does not stick heavily and instead leaves me thinking of sour cherries wherever I am and no matter what the weather.



So yeah, I think I have now enjoyed this scent much and hope those who like fruity-floral scents will give this one a try. It is a new interpretation of a Guerlinade for La Petite Robe Noir and a latest must have from the House of Guerlain. Please do check the Fragrantica website for the EDT and EDP notes to compare for yourselves. I need to mention that EDT and EDP are very much alike on the first sniff. When testing be careful and give them both some time to develop on the skin to see which one wins the competition. And good luck with the testing! :)

Comments

Popular Posts