Silk by ZARA

Hello everyone!

There is only not much left till Christmas and things have been pretty busy too. So here I am now talking about another beautiful bottle of perfume that I really really like.

This one was a cheap bargain that I suddenly came across in one of Zara stores. Normally I would not buy a perfume from Zara, but for some reason this scent reminded me of nice things and rose water and I thought it was worth a try. I really cannot stay away from the counters where they have perfume, or bottles that I can sniff, so I just had to test what they had. :) I was also lucky at that time because Zara had not yet changed the design of the bottle and the original formula smelt so much better than the newest version they have now in totally different bottle. 

Here is the bottle in my possession:


 The pyramid of the perfume according to Fragrantica website consists of: top note - yuzu (in case you did not know this is a hybrid citrus fruit, looks like a mandarin sized grapefruit with uneven skin and is grown in East Asia), mid notes - magnolia and rose, and base note - musk. Just bear in mind that for some reason Fragrantica never had the old one in their database and the notes only refer to the newest version.

Now, some people say it is a cheap copy of Chloe Eau de Parfum. Allow me to disagree! Chloe Eau de Parfum is so much stronger and deeper, and smells so different, whereas Silk is very silky, sweet on just the surface and very juicy. Almost like the sweet rose water + couple tbs of sugar, a drop of fresh citrus notes mixed with just a hint of magnolia. I think at some point I also get freesias whispering to my ear, "We gave some tiny drop to that potion too!" And I can also swear there is a drop of sandalwood too. And I would definitely say the woody notes are dominated over by the rose. So trying to imagine this scent - it is not really woody floral, but rather floral-gourmand to me. And it is very very subtle exactly like a piece of silk material. Thrown up in the air this one just comes down elegantly on my skin leaving a fresh veil of everything soft and light.

I am not sure which perfume exactly this reminded me of on the first sniff. I think it smelt like a jam my Grandma used to make of wild rose petals. However, the sensation was definitely a positive one and there was this warm memory form my childhood again that made me go for it. I just wanted to cherish those memories and know that they are safely placed in a bottle and would always stay safe and closer to me so that every time I would use this potion I would go back to that place again.

Alas Zara has now changed the bottle and packaging design. And sadly the old design is no longer available. At least I had no luck in finding the old bottle in Zara stores. :( Anyway, those who can try to sniff the new formula can say that it does really smell cheap. I'll be happy if anyone says the opposite anyway! 

Hope you all are having a great weekend and are looking forward to the coming holidays!!!



Comments

Popular Posts