Halloween Freesia by Jesus del Pozo




Well hello everyone!

Today is a pink day! Hope you enjoy the pictures of a very floral summery bottle I discovered a while ago in a local perfume shop Hermitage upon its debut opening. I was wondering what it looked like inside and was really amazed opening the door. As if I was getting into a magical chest of treasures. I just walked the threshold and swayed along the first hall into the second - more cozy one, meantime just staring at the walls - walls full of trophies.....

Back to reality, this one is called Halloween Freesia by Jesus Del Pozo. I had never heard of the brand before, however was nicely surprised to smell this beaut. It is very fresh and cool. Halloween Freesia was launched in 2006. Top notes are made of pear and cardamom, heart of the scent consists of lotus, lily of the valley, peach, freesias and blackcurrant, and all these are based on cedar, musk and sandalwood. At the first sniff just from the bottle it yelled to me - FREESIAS! Luckily I adore the smell of this flower, I know there are people who cannot tolerate it or cannot really appreciate this delicate scent. However, I thought I might give this one a try. It easily opens its heart to you once sprayed, sweet and fresh pear with cardamom elegantly move away for the entrance of freesias, peach and slightly powdery lily of the valley. I need to say I could not detect blackcurrants here. To tell the truth the base is very weak, so after the scent has opened and settled fully, you are left with a whisk of airy musky warmth, nothing heavy here. All in all a very good summer use. Daytime wear!

As it was a new brand for me, I thought it would be nice to research a bit about the founder. So here you go! Jesus del Pozo was a Spanish designer who was born in 1940s in Madrid. As the story goes he had a great role in the modernization of the Spanish style. Having Balenciaga in mind del Pozo also wanted to create a character without unnecessary embellishments. His love for positive and women is reflected throughout his creations, not only perfumes, but also some of the clothes collections. Women's collection was much more successful although he was originally designing clothes for men. Unfortunately J. del Pozo passed away in 2011, although managed to leave a great legacy after himself. If you would like to read more about the designer please check the links here and here.

I hope you can find a bottle somewhere near your stores and give it a sniff to see whether this could become your cup of tea or not. :) Have a great weekend all! xxx

P.S. Nail polishes Nails Inc. London - bought from airport in Duty Free World shop,
the cup and saucer are a gift from a friend on Christmas - from Coincasa,
pink and clear stone earrings - from a local beauty shop called Medea,
bag is a Cath Kidston lookalike white oilcloth bag with flowers bought in London,
flower rings, 6 pcs - all from Aldo accessories.

  

Comments

Popular Posts