Chanel Chance Eau Vive





Good day everyone!

It has been a while since I took my time to write more about my passion. It might seem a bit late, however I could not let this lovely and crisp scent be ignored. Chanel Chance Eau Vive was released this year in June, and I laid my hands on it a bit later in the autumn when it was still warm and lovely to wear this sparkly and happy potion. 

The nose behind Eau Vive is Olivier Polge. He has done a great job of mixing interesting fruity scents together where the only remaining ingredient so common for Chance collection is grapefruit. Chance collection was started at the beginning of 2003 and the nose behind was Jaques Polge - Olivier's father. The top of the pyramid opens up with all juicy citruses - blood orange and grapefruit. The bitterness of grapefruit does not stand out whatsoever because it is all washed away with other citruses. Once it starts settling down jasmine and musk come in as the middle notes of the pyramid. To my nose it smells more of jasmine rather than musk. My skin normally gets that musky scent much later when it's been quite a long period of time around 7-8 hours. And the closing and base notes are vetiver, cedar and iris. 

Now, I normally get that dusty iris and musk on the fading phase, this is the bit which I love the most. It's like a beautiful dusty iris and airy jasmine grounded with musk. It becomes really light and quite mysterious. I consider it quite a quirky and fun scent, although some people thought it was boring and nothing outstanding for Chanel. However, let me remind you that Eau Vive came out to complete the collection of Chanel Chance and all the 4 perfumes in this collection are quite gentle scents, nothing screaming, they are all in the mode of sophistication on the contrary. The new Eau Vive is now available in 50 and 100ml bottles. I like wearing it on warmer days and it is definitely a day scent which will develop on the skin during the time.  Hope you get your own chance to smell it, and I hope it will make you love it too. :) <3 

Comments

Popular Posts