Nina Ricci L'Extase




Good time of the day!

I have been meaning to write about L'Extase for quite a long time, since spring actually, however I never got around it. While the days are getting colder and crispier, I am re-discovering my "colder weather" scents. L'Extase was introduced early this year (spring 2015) and the nose behind it is Francis Kurkdjian.

Francis Kurkdjian is of Armenian origin, though was born in Paris after his parents had to settle in France after the Armenian Genocide. He gained his popularity at the age of 26 for creating Le Male for Jean Paul Gaultier. It became the world's best selling perfume. He is also behind a huge number of well-known perfumes as well as his own House - Maison Francis Kurkdjian Paris (I should probably name a few - just a reminder for myself "list of wanted" - My Burberry, Ellie Saab Le Parfum, F by Ferragamo, Narciso Rodriguez For Her, etc).

Now getting back to my beautiful and vintage looking bottle. The potion's top notes consist of peach and pear and pink pepper (pepper is not overpowering in any way, just a bit of dusty), middle notes are rose, white flowers and raspberry (I also sense some jasmine), and the base notes are benzoin, cedar, amber, musk, patchouli, caramel and vanilla. All these mix together really beautifully. It smells of benzoine, amber and roses and of everything warm. Roses are not just simple clean floral but rather sweet in a nice and edible way. It smells sophisticated, very French and mature. Adds that bit of a chic and a charisma.

The design of the bottle was inspired by the clutch which is an iconic accessory for the House of Nina Ricci. It is quite heavy, dusty pink with the golden lid. It is beautiful and feminine. L'extase EDP is available in 30ml, 50ml and 80ml bottles. I am thinking, would I still like this scent quite a while later? And I am sure I will love it. It is one of the scents that should, no matter what, still be sexy, warm and feminine. Hope you are able to enjoy the scent the way I do. <3

Comments

Popular Posts