CAROLINA HERRERA Privee





Today I wanted to look at quite an interesting creation. With all its beauty and sophistication the most saddening feature of this perfume is the extremely short staying power. Nonetheless, please welcome CH Privee by Carolina Herrera! The nose behind the perfume is Dominique Ropion who has also created so many popular scents such as La Vie Est Belle,  CK Euphoria, Amor Amor, CD Pure Poison, V&R Flowerbomb, etc. to name a few. CH Privee was launched in 2017. I only put my hands on it early 2018.
Carolina Herrera website describes the CH Privee ingredients as "a daring dose of spicy pink pepper, the narcotic power of Osmanthus, the carnal sensuality of vanilla..." with the red leather accord. According to fragrantica.com the notes are osmanthus, vanilla, leather, caviar and patchouli. 

The opening is really appealing to my nose, I just like a bit of masculine leather scent with the sweetness of vanilla. As it calms down a bit, it smells quite sophisticated, there is a sensual musky veil leading to a softer dry down. The dry down is quite peppery, dusty as I would describe, somewhat quite airy. Such a shame the lasting power is so short. I love the opening very much. Although it is described as a leathery perfume, it is in no way overpowering at least for me. It makes the scent more mature in my opinion, more interesting with a hint to some feminine secret. I cannot say if I ever sensed the caviar note in the perfume, I had to check the notes to find out it was there.

As of the design of the bottle, the red leather could be standing for those red high heels and the sexy red dress worn on a special date night. Now my bottle is only the 30ml one, and it only has the leather bow. However the bigger size bottles of 50ml and 100ml are all covered in red leather.

I would wear this perfume in colder seasons and it's definitely an evening wear. In winter and autumn it creates a cozy and rather intimate aura. Spring and some summer cool breezy nights will also be suitable to have this potion on. The only drawback is that you would need to reapply every 2-3 hours. Anyway, CH Privee is worth giving a sniff! Why don't you give it a try and decide for yourselves: would you dare to wear it?
Till next time!

Comments

Popular Posts