White Musk L'Eau EDT by The Body Shop

 




Happy Monday everyone! 

Since I pulled my White Musk out last week, I remembered also its fresher and greener cousin -  White Musk L'Eau. I discovered it at my city's newly opened the Body Shop store and was immediately drawn to it. L'Eau is so fresh, airy and powdery at the same time. There are certain memories connected with the time when I bought it, and although it was not one of the greatest periods of my life, there was a light at the end of the tunnel and this purchase got me closer to the light indeed. 

White Musk L'Eau was launched in 2017. The top note is pear, middle notes are lily of the valley, rose, jasmine, and the base note is musk of course. I understand that pear is used to add a bit of sweetness, however what I get from it is mostly cucumbery freshness. Mostly there is powdery effect of the lily of the valley. Florals are amazingly well balanced, it's not offensive, nothing is too strong here. Just a soft sophistication of fresh and powdery mix. It dries down like a soft musk with some less sweet florals. 

The longevity is not so great, after all it is EDT, bit still, it is for days when you want a perfume but not perfumey-perfume, rather smelling fresh, like just out of the shower and going for a stroll on a cool yet comfortable morning. This perfume brings peace to my mind and soul somehow, probably due to the associations connected with 2021 September-October period.

Again, the perfume bottle and the formulation has undergone some changes - so if you check up the Body Shop website for L'Eau, the bottle looks simpler and the new formulation seems to have a new note of tarragon. I will most likely check the new one as well to compare the old and the new formulations. However the new bottle is less sophisticated and looks cheaper. I understand the vegan and cruelty-free approach, but the bottles I have look so much better and have a more expensive feeling to them.
So would you say you would give it a try? I am sure White Musk L'Eau is worth it.

Comments

Popular Posts