Jeanne Lanvin by Lanvin

 



Ladies and gents - here is a very lovely, a gentle and a cute perfume! Jeanne Lanvin by Lanvin! This beauty was first launched in 2008 and I got it just then. Everyone I knew back then were telling me this scent is very me. Got lots of compliments back in the day. The nose behind the fragrance is Anne Flipo. Silage is moderate and longevity depends on the climate, I can still get the dry down by the end of the day. However for an EDP it's quite weak.

The top notes of the fragrance are blackberry, pear and lemon, middle notes are raspberry, peony, rose and freesia and the base of the pyramid consists of musk, sandalwood and amber. I believe all the fun that I get comes from the top of the pyramid, lots of juiciness, and since one of my most favourite floral note is freesia, I believe it adds a bit of peppery powder to the whole mix. And the dry down is very soothing, warm and somewhat inviting, I guess that's the amber and musk. It's a sweet scent, quite subtle, there but shy, and yet tasty and makes you feel home.

 Perky, fruity, sweet, floral, girly, warm, cuddly. These are the adjectives that come to my mind when I try to put the scent of Jeanne into words. Luckily both my nose and my skin chemistry really work well with this oldie. This bottle is my third repurchase. And although I can swear the potion has been reformulated over the years,  the dry down has that same effect on me as almost 10 years ago. 

I think it's quite cool that some of the old ones which were pretty good in their days are still available nowadays. And to tell the truth I am quite glad they are also very affordable. At the moment I own a 30ml bottle, and with the speed I am using it, I believe I will soon need another 50ml most likely! Hopefully by then I would still be able to find Jeanne in the perfume stores. Go ahead and test it if you haven't. I like it very much - for now at least.

Comments

Popular Posts