I Want Choo by Jimmy Choo





A warm and a peachy November hello to you all. I might be a little late with this perfume, but here is what happened. It has been almost a decade that I made a promise to myself that perfumes are made by perfume houses or companies and that I would never take shoe companies seriously with the fragrances they come up with. And then, I accidentally sprayed the paper with the wrong bottle and dark magic happened. I liked the honey sweetness of peach and vanilla in the potion. The paper kept filling my room with a very cozy scent even 2 days later. So I had to get it. 

And thus, I introduce to you I Want Choo by Jimmy Choo EDP. I was going to get the smallest size available, just in case this was one of those "main-stream" periods for me, and was opting for 40ml bottle, however most of the perfume shops in the city offered only 60ml and 100ml bottles. Well, 60ml it is then. On my skin, it turns a little different than on the paper. I can only smell the sweet, warm, an aura-like-enwrapping powdery vanilla on the dry-down. That is the chemistry of my skin though. Even the sharpest, coolest and bitter perfumes tend to turn sweet on me. 

I Want Choo was released in 2020 and right now in 2022 the company are promoting the fall-winter version which is called I Want Choo Forever with cherry and almond notes. Nonetheless, the top notes of I Want Choo pyramid are peach and mandarin orange, middle notes are jasmine and red lily and the base note is vanilla. It is being marketed as an amber scent, but the notes do not mention it. So maybe that honey association I get is actually amber? As soon as I spray it I get into a happy mood. It's a very happy late summer, early autumn scent, just when the weather starts getting cooler, so you can feel the wind of change with freshness. That's when you spray this on to extend the summer mood a bit longer, fool your brain, don't let it sink into autumn depression. To be honest, I started loving autumn the past 3 years, so typing the last sentence was kind of weird and generic for me most probably :D.

On the first spray the impression I get is of honey peach and sweet floral juice splash on my face. So the opening is very fruity. Next comes the floral note with some mature warmth and then quickly settles into vanilla. Because the maturity is a bit shorter-lived in this potion I am most prone to call it a girly perfume. It is the most girly, sweet and happy mood fragrance. I got compliments on it, but I think I would not repurchase again. I might test the Forever version and see if it is worth investing in. 

Anyway, hope you enjoy the first weekend of November and go spray yourselves with your happiest perfumes for the start of the day! Until later! 
 

Comments

Popular Posts