VIANDANTE by Profumo di Firenze EDP


It seems like forever has passed since I purchased this bottle. Lets talk about VIANDANTE from Profumo di Firenze today. I got my hands on the box of this perfume in November-December in 2025 and it was more of a spontaneous buy. I do remember that the weather was pretty cold and nasty, and all the way back home from the shop after testing it on my wrist I was trying to figure out what this scent was similar to. Outside in the cold I could not name it, and with time I was more inclined to dislike the scent.
And when I got into the warm car, suddenly it popped into my head - KIRKE by Tiziana Terenzi smells exactly like this! I was a bit disappointed that the scent did not last much longer on my skin, but my jacket's sleeve had a faint reminder the next morning. When I was testing it in the store, it was warmer inside, and the scent's sparkling peachy-lemon-zesty fruitiness seemed very refreshing and very juicy. There was a hint of vanilla, but in no way overwhelming, just a little to balance the sour fruitiness and add more sweetness, however there is a bit of powder in it - maybe dusty shade to vanilla and/or lily-of-the-valley.
So, the perfume was launched in 2022 available in 100 ml bottles. I could not find the nose behind the perfume on their website, but asked the AI and it turns out that the collection was reinterpreted and developed by the Galardi family (led by Lorenzo Galardi under their parent company Arnoway), who own and direct the Florentine niche house. So, there is no particular perfumer mentioned. According to the website's catalogue Profumo di Firenze represents the olfactory project of the Galardi family dedicated to the city of Florence which has always been linked to the art of perfumery. Viandante is from the collection dedicated to Dante. Each perfume tells a sensory itinerary of a traveler in Florence such as Dante as a protagonist in his Divine Comedy. For Viandante is says: "The sweet smell of passionfruit stimulates the soul of the traveler in a sensory experience, giving olfactory paths of delicacy through the sour aroma of lemon and the sweetness of vanilla."
The notes of the perfume are as follows:
Top
Pear, peach, raspberry, redcurrant, passionfruit and lemon
Heart
Lily-of-the-valley, patchouli
Base
Sandalwood and vanilla
To my nose the opening is quite strong and zesty - mostly lemon and peachy sourness, then it settles into passionfruit and maybe pear sweetness and into the floral, eventually the dry-down of vanilla and softer sandalwood appear gradually. It's quite summery, suitable for warmer weather, refreshing and just fun to wear in the sunshine. To my amazement, it lasts longer in hot weather and projects really well. If you had to compare Viandante to Kirke they share the same notes, so they should smell similar, but in no way exactly identical. From my point of view Viandante smells softer, more diluted and quite wearable, although it is not unique in the market full of Kirkes and Xerjoff's and Sospiro's Erba Puras indeed. Nonetheless, if you get the chance to meet this beauty, I would insist on testing it. It is totally worth testing with eyes closed, sniffing and imagining your own journey in Italian Florence.






Comments
Post a Comment