Chance Eau Fraiche by Chanel

 


CHANCE Eau Fraiche, which was actually gifted to me, is the third fragrance from CHANEL in my collection after CHANCE Eau Vive which went on a trip with me to the East and Coco Mademoiselle EDT that came from a trip from the West back home with me. Don't get a wrong impression, I have never been a Chanel girl and I don't think that I will ever be. I have always been a Dior addict and will forever and ever stay so. 

Nonetheless, let's talk about Eau Fraiche which has been on the market for a very long time. Fragrantica mentions it was released in 2007 and the nose behind the perfume is Jacques Polge who created almost all the popular Chanel fragrances such as Coco Mademoiselle, Bleu de Chanel and Allure. He worked for Chanel until 2015 and actually passed his knowledge on to his son Olivier Polge who is the creator of the Flowerbomb by Viktor&Rolf, which I really love, he is also the nose behind Pure Poison by Dior! 

Eau Fraiche comes as an Eau de Toilette, however has quite a long lasting power and carries that typical Chanel chypre DNA. It is the freshest and the most masculine-leaning fragrance in the line in my humble opinion. Is it a love? - Not really. Do I like it? - Yes! It's been with me all of last year during summer and warmer months of autumn and I do remember getting lots of compliments from the opposite sex, which was not surprising given the horrible heat and the refreshing effect of the perfume.

The top notes of the composition are lemon, cedar and citron, 
the heart consists of water hyacinth, pink pepper and jasmine, 
and the base notes are white musk, patchouli, vetiver, teak wood, iris and amber.

The opening is very citrusy, crispy sharp and strong like a fresh cold shower on an extremely hot day; it gradually develops into woody notes and fades into musky and comfortable home-like aura with the chypre veil I always get from Coco Mademoiselle. After all, almost all Chanel perfumes share the same Chanel quality that make them notable and recognizable. I would not want to wear this perfume during the colder months even though there seem to be so many warmer notes in the base. Since it has that cooling effect on the brain in winter I would rather go for something sweeter and maybe deeper. However, from the Chance line Eau Fraiche is my second favorite after Eau Vive and I would not purchase the others for sure. These two are no doubt old but definitely gold worth a mention in the collection.

Comments

Popular Posts