Passion for Fragrance

It all started one fine day in the 80's I can't really recall because I was about 3 or 4 years old and I guess my memory was not yet developed enough to remember events of my early childhood. As I am being told I was put to bed for my afternoon nap at my grandparents' house. Half an hour later or so my Mum entered the room to find me sitting in the bed with my aunt's perfume bottle in my hands totally empty... No, don't worry I did not drink it. I was surprisingly intelligent to pour the whole bottle all over me (imagine that!). My aunty was not impressed at all and my Mum had to get her a new bottle of YSL Opium. Needless to say genuine French fragrance was a rare thing back in those days in my country. That was my first experience with the wonderful world of scents.


 Coco Chanel said that a woman who does not wear perfume has no future. This can be arguable, however I feel that perfume can become a particle of elegance for a woman who knows what to wear on an occasion. I remember as a child I understood it was a must for a woman to choose a fragrance and stick to it as in making the perfume her signature for a lifetime. Thanks God these days you can change your mind every now and then and, moreover, enjoy that wonderful world of scents every day with a different perfume and a different sensation. At school my teacher of English whom I loved to pieces gave an advice to the girls once to wear the perfume in the areas of pulse points - behind the ears and knees, on the wrists and inner part of the elbows, just a small amount so that only people who come close to or maybe closer than an arm's length could smell it. The advice was the most feminine and magical at the time so it just stayed with me up to this day.  

At present I am a proud owner of quite a large collection of fragrances. There are ones I love and can't live without and there are those I just like to turn to when I need to take a rest from my favourites.  My signature perfume has been Les Creations de Monsieur Dior Forever and Ever Dior for women since summer of 2011 when I was first introduced to this beaute at Vienna International Airport Duty Free shop. This is my all time favourite and it is the second 100ml bottle I am using now. :) xx


Comments

Popular Posts