Miss Dior (New) VS Miss Dior Cherie


Heyya there!

After getting all my inspiration from the weather getting cold and finding a shelter in warm cake shops I just decided I would compare two fragrances which remind me of cakes and New Year in this blog post. In fact they are almost the same but were launched at different times and with a slight variation of the name and the formula. Yes, again back to Dior! Lets compare Miss Dior and Miss Dior Cherie now, shall we? :).


Miss Dior Cherie Eau de Parfum (on the right) was launched in 2011 and the nose behind this variation of a dozen other Miss Dior perfumes is François Demachy. The fragrance pyramid consists of mandarin and wild strawberry as top notes, jasmine and rose in the heart and vetiver, sandalwood, patchouli, oakmoss and amber as the base. I think the first time I tested this it was a very fruity sweet fiesta on a sunny day. Now that I have Miss Dior Eau de Parfum (on the left in the picture) I can differentiate the sweet strawberry notes at the top in the previous one. Though to many people they smell exactly the same.

The new Miss Dior (2012) is a more simplified version as of the formula. Having Italian mandarin at the top, the same jasmine and rose at the heart and patchouli and musk as the base notes the formula of this perfume is gently balanced to have almost the same effect as it had in 2011 version. In short, the House of Dior just renamed and lightened up the formula of the fragrance that originates from 2005 Miss Dior Cherie - its ancestor being 1947 Miss Dior and having no likeness whatsoever to the modern versions. This potion starts with a fruity fresh juice settling into floral sweetness and embracing in its warm patchouli-muskiness. However, the patchouli note is masterfully combined with sweet notes of rose and mandarin, yet this is softer than Cherie. Some people find this similar to Coco Mademoiselle. I don't find too much of similarity with Coco, but definitely with Oriens, Van Cleef and Arpels to which I will devote another whole blog post next time, I promise.

I love both, each in its own way, but I miss Cherie and its sparkle, and since there is no more Cherie version on the counters these days I am using my Miss Dior and have hidden my other half-full (or half-empty - being an optimist again really) bottle far away and out of sight for now :) So yes, I am definitely biased here. Thumbs up for Miss Dior Cherie Eau de Parfum 2011, woop-woop!

Cherie is so much colourful to me, it smells of mouth-watering gâteau and of New Year. This is definitely going well on colder days, and it is what I call a winter scent. Though it is not limited to winter only, I use it spring and autumn-time equally. It makes me feel very girly and young yet sophisticated, noble and always in a playful motion. Now I know Miss Dior Cherie is the fragrance of love! Christian Dior himself had said "Make me a fragrance that smells like love". Et voila - it comes really seducing, really joyful and charismatic. 

This beauté will always remind me of Paris, of the colourful baloons, hot chocolate, coffee and pâtisserie of the backstreet market in D'aguerre. It was very symbolic to leave Paris with a new bottle of fragrance. And mine was Cherie. There was this urge to wash off all the other scents I knew before with this one. And so I did.
I just cannot ignore the design of the bottle either. It is very different from the original, but very cute and the bow detail is simply outstanding. I just love the shape and the bottom of the bottle. It looks and feels very Dior.



I found this video of Miss Dior history on Youtube and was fascinated and excited to be able to share with others who would hopefully read this post and who have a tiniest interest in how beautiful things in this world are being created. Hope you enjoy watching this as much as I did!


***
As a conclusion - Dior found the fragrance that smelt like love and the one thing we all need in this life IS love. Let the love fill your hearts and let it always be your guide in everything you do!

Comments

Popular Posts