Artistique Nymphea Lumiere EDP By Avon (The Monet Collection 2021)




Happy summer y'all! And let's talk about fresh summery scents, shall we?

This beautiful flacon was definitely not a blind buy. At first it caught my eye by its color, shape and flowers. Luckily I had a chance to sniff some testers before making up my mind to have it added to my collection. My first impression as I smelled this beauty was "spring-summer seaside vibes" with lots of white florals, aquatic notes, sweet-sour freshness of that time of the year. I need to mention I got it in winter season and the dry down was very close to my skin with pretty warm wood and a bit of sweet vanilla. Most people would not get that sweetness, but I guess it is my skin chemistry. Most perfumes end up with a vanilla whiff on my skin after the 6th hour of wearing them.

Artistique Nymphea Lumiere was launched in 2021, and the nose behind it is Nathalie Lorson (Burberry Weekend for women, Trussardi Donna, quite a few from Oriflame as well). Now, let's see what the notes of this potion consist of: top note is lotus, heart is peony and base notes are precious woods. Quite simple and yet very well blended all together.

The silage and longevity are average, I don't find it offensive in any way for any hour of the day. If you want to smell relaxed, laid back and yet fresh, I assume it can be worn at any time during the day. In some perfumes lotus gets pretty accentuated, and this one is not an exception. Since this note is in the top - that's what you get from the spray at first. Quite aquatic, airy, fresh opening. Later, you start differentiating the peony freshness. In my imagination peony notes are usually associated with white soft florals, which have that crispiness rather than being creamy. And as mentioned a few lines above the dry down turns into something wood and vanilla mix on my skin. It becomes softer, more feminine and very comfortable.

The 50ml flanker is turquoise-blue with white lilies inspired by Monet. Quite a gem among other beautiful bottles that I have. If you haven't smelled this yet, do give it a chance. I am sure you will enjoy the first sniff. Not an extraordinary one, but definitely a beautiful fragrance. Hope you like it.

Enjoy the last day of June! 

Comments

Popular Posts