White Musk EDT by The Body Shop

 





Happy weekend everyone! It's one of the hottest weeks of the summer and of this year I very much hope. The temperature outside on Monday was 40C. And all I want to do now is to get into warm clothes and spend the rest of the day in the fridge (I was still fitting in it last time I checked).

Anyway, today I feel nostalgic, so I would like to talk about the White Musk EDT by The Body Shop. I have the old design purple bottle. After some research and checking their website, the new White Musk has a new packaging and apparently has been reformulated and veganized, lots of customers complaining about the silage and longevity of the perfume.

The original formula contained the following notes:
Top: musk, lily, ylang-ylang, galbanum, basil;
Heart: musk, lily, jasmine, rose;
Base: musk, iris, jasmine, oakmoss, amber, vanilla, rose, vetiver, patchouli, peach.

The Eau de Parfum was always way too strong for my taste. The opening was something poisonous to my nose. Luckily I can stand the the opening of the EDT. I need to say I am mostly crazy about the dry down. Opening has never been my cup of tea, it's too strong, almost burns my nose. Nonetheless, give it some time and let it develop. And, oh it does very beautifully. The scent turns into something warm, inviting, intimate, very natural tasty feel-yourself-at-home vibe. Imagine being cozy at home on a winter day, next to a fireplace reading a book and having a cup of your favorite hot drink. 

Originally, I was introduced to White Musk when I was a teenager, I just enjoyed strolling around and sniffing perfumes at the Body Shop and to me, White Musk was the very expression of femininity. The scent is just delicious, not too sweet, but still sweet enough to crave it, not too floral, but floral enough to get the subtlety of the rose and the lily. Most likely this is one of those rare perfumes that I cannot describe well enough. To me it's also clean and earthy at the same time, just a bit powdery too. 

Also, White Musk is the best version of musk I have smelt at the dry down of any perfumes I came to know. So, go for it and explore your olfactory senses with this one. I am sure it can be loved by almost everyone. <3
Have a great weekend and hope the weather treats you better!

Comments

Popular Posts