Toy 2 Bubble Gum by Moschino




Hi everyone! Just wanted to share my thoughts on this happy scent today! I came across Toy 2 Bubble Gum by Moschino while scanning the local shopping mall for another perfume. I was just curious and was checking out every single bottle on the stand shelf. The funny part was that the design was a little putting off, I thought it looks so tacky, looks like a toy and it's so horribly pink for those Barbie girls. 

Guess what? I turned out to be a Barbie-at-heart-girl myself after the first sniff. This is a happy fragrance filled with lots and lots of "sugar and spice and everything nice" - spice here equals to bubble gum note, add lots of sweetness from rose, all sorts of candies - jelly bellies, gummy bears, skittles and top it off with unicorns and rainbow. 

So the notes in this perfume are as follows:
Top: candied fruits, bitter orange, lemon.
Middle: bubble gum, Bulgarian rose, blueberry, peach, cinnamon, peach blossom, ginger.
Base: musk, ambroxan, cedar.

Moschino released this perfume in 2021 and it is described as a fruity floral fragrance. I am not sure if gourmand is missing here or what, but it definitely is a dense scent, it kind of makes a full circle with the richness of ingredients. The nose behind the fragrance is Olivier Pescheux who has worked on quite a few Diptyque, Ex Nihilo, Mont Blanc, Pacco Rabanne and many other scents.

To describe this perfume on Fragrantica website I used the adjectives sweet, colorful, fun, mouth watering. Unlike some of the reviews which complain about the longevity or that it is a headache inducing potion, I quite liked it since the beginning. I have had it for around two months already and am still discovering the interesting development Toy 2 Bubble Gum can have. During the first week of purchase I was very sure that the bubble gum note fades away very quickly too, but, recently discovered that it stays somewhere in the background and lingers there unnoticeably. To think about it - this has been done on purpose, because you cannot be smelling of bubble gum all the time, the fragrance needs to open, evolve and leave a trail. 

The opening is really fruity and mouth watering. It develops into floral, and rose is the dominating note, but more like a rose jam, sweet and juicy. The dry down on me is always sweet, everything turns vanilla on my skin anyway. However, there is that calming, soothing ambroxan effect with rosy musky richness. Toy 2 Bubble Gum performs really well in this cold season: October, November and now December I feel really drawn to it. It's a party scent! And maybe I am too old to fancy this perfume and I should not enjoy it as much as I do, honestly it's worth having. I wear it when I feel playful, and it immediately makes me happier.

Altogether, I am pretty happy with my purchase, the only disadvantage is the huge bottle, which is not very convenient to carry in a small bag, and you also need to freshen up sometimes, maybe twice. So, if you have not tested this yet, I highly recommend! Fingers crossed you like it too! xx

Comments

Popular Posts