Zara Frosted Cream 2019 (EDP)



Well, hello to all of you after a really long time! Am I back? Maybe yes, I honestly do hope so.
It was a pretty cold November day today, and I got a little chilly while being out, so my mind was craving something warm, cozy and nice, and I was wearing this perfume, so I decided to write about an addition to my stash which I purchased this spring 2019. 

Ladies and gentlemen, this is Frosted Cream EDP 2019 - the revised version from EDT 2018 and revised yellow bottle from previous baby pink one. My eyes really enjoy this pastel theme going with perfume bottles. It is aesthetically pleasing, isn't it? This potion smells like frosted cream, really! To my nose there is some citrusy/lemony undertone. It is a crème brûlée in a bottle, or if I close my eyes I can picture someone adding orange zest to the vanilla custard or whipped cream to top the meringues, but I cannot spot the strawberry note. If it is there, then very subtle. However these are the notes: top note consists of mandarin orange, middle ones are strawberry and florals, and the base note is vanilla. 

Now, if you have already made an acquaintance with DKNY Sweet Delicious Creamy Meringue as well as ZARA Lemon Pie then you know how bright and juicy they are, at least the first one, whereas Frosted Cream is their much shier sister, a little muted, more in the shadow, in the background. This is definitely a gourmand scent to be worn during the daytime - non offensive, office friendly, close to the skin, very cozy with much shorter staying power. But we know most of Zara perfumes have this problem. And I don't think it is a huge drawback considering the affordable price for what it is.

This perfume was available in 30ml and 100ml bottles in my local Zara store and after getting the smaller - more convenient 30ml bottle for around $10 I went back to restock on the larger one (around $15-20 if I remember correctly?), because I enjoyed this fragrance during the week I was wearing it and it definitely grew on me with time. I never got the chance to test the previous Frosted Cream EDT from 2018, though I wish I had bought it for the sake of the pastel pink bottle :). 

It is useless to say, that none of them is available in the stores any more. It turns out 2019 EDP version was a Limited Edition, probably just like the other one. Sad face! It is always the case with great scents. So unfair! So, if you have had the chance to smell or even get any of them because you liked them as much as I did, then you are lucky! If not, the chance is gone forever unless someone (or myself) walks near you wearing this beautiful potion and only then you may enjoy it for a very short fraction of a second. :)

<3 Until next time then! Enjoy your weeks ahead!!! <3

Comments

Popular Posts