Sparkle in Paris EDT by Oriflame


 

Happy Friday everyone! I found this bottle back in the drawer in its box the other day and was pleasantly surprised at how I enjoy this more now than when I got it back in the days when Sparkle in Paris was a huge thing. The perfume has been out of the production for quite some while.

Sparkle in Paris by Oriflame is a champagne perfume, champagne being the heart of it, with the sweet and mildly sour notes (maybe a strawberry note - though it's not mentioned there) that come as bubbly and fresh and a bit sweet. I really enjoy this on a summer night when the sun has set and the air turns cooler. I cannot claim it is super intriguing or that it stands out, but somehow there is a chic whiff that you can smell once in a while. The lasting power is not so great, it evolves really very quickly and stays like that for around 2-3 hours on my skin. Sticks to the clothes better.

Notes of the perfume consist of blackberries, pink pepper and pink grapefruits in the top, champagne, jasmine sambac and orange blossom in the heart and musk and vetiver in the base. Base is really weak after the dry down, however it seems to me that Sparkle in Paris is more of a linear perfume. It was launched in the year of 2012 and was created by Marie Salamagne who is also behind fragrances of such well-known brands as Nina Ricci, Yves Rocher, Yves Saint Laurent, Jo Malone and others, as well as my most favourite perfume Mirage Daydream - another beauty that has unfortunately been discontinued. Oriflame catalogue presented Sparkle in Paris ahead of holidays and it "was inspired by the celebration, glamour, lights of Paris and the Eiffel Tower".

The bottle is classy, the fragrance too, but nothing extraordinary. It's crispy, juicy and powdery; it's definitely lovely, worthy of a compliment or two ;) I just checked under the bottle and it turns out that my batch is about to expire this year! I am pleasantly surprised, since the perfumes we get these days have much shorter shelf lives. Anyway, I assume I will use up this bottle this summer. Since the staying power is weak, I would need to re-apply. And I don't mind that at all given the circumstances! :) Adieu and see you later! 

P.S. I have found some lovelies to talk about soon! 

Comments

Popular Posts